Sunday, July 20, 2008

She was soft and kind and good to him, so he took her as a wife

Not sure if I have food poisoning, but I've felt pretty awful all day today. Mara and I ordered in from Primo's, a pizza joint neither of us had ever tried, and the veggie wrap I got tasted peculiar. Whatever I've got, I hope it exits my system post haste.

Yesterday, Mara and I checked out the Art Beat festival in Davis Sq, which was cool despite the climate, which most definitely was not. We had planned on attending the festival (too hot to go to the zoo, alas) and seeing The Dark Knight. It worked out splendidly: The movie was playing at the Somerville Theater, which lies right in the heart of Davis Square.

Well, the movie was incredible. Christopher Nolan has done what no one else has done, which is render an authentic portrayal from top to bottom of Batman and his surroundings. Everything---the acting, script, cinematography---was top notch. I think I'll see it again.

Scored some Harry Nilsson albums this weekend. One, which was an import of his first three combined on one disc, arrived in the mail, and the other, The Point, I found at Newbury Comics. I was surprised as shit to find The Point, because for over a year now, almost everything he did pre-Nilsson Schmilsson was out of print in the states. I just ordered Pussycats, the album John Lennon produced. I've been spoiled lately, with the re-release of Dennis Wilson's solo albums and now the Harry Nilsson stuff.

Ok, I'm tired and need to debate whether I'll watch Be Kind, Rewind tonight. I have a feeling I may fall asleep during it, no matter how good it is. I better be well by tomorrow or someone is going to pay dearly.

No comments: