Wednesday, July 9, 2008

For the cruelty of men is as wondrous as Peru

I almost fell asleep at my desk several times today while at work. I was so tired when I left, all I could think about was coming home and taking a nap. That didn't work out because Spira called me and asked if I'd drop her off at the T in Davis Sq. She was headed to the airport, going to Greece for three weeks to see her family, and I completely forgot she was leaving today. So, I came home from work, had a quick bite, and headed over to Spira's.

When I got home from dropping her off, I went for a run, which was a bit of a struggle because of the heat and my being tired. When I got home, I hurriedly took my sweat-soaked clothes off hopped in the shower. The cold water felt sublime.

For dinner, I pan-seared some scallops in a nice lemon-based marinade. I added some to a tasty salad I had made with avocado, tomatoes, spinach, and red onions. Oh shit, I forgot the Kalamata olives! Oh well, it was still de-lish.

I'm excited to pick up The Shadow of the Wind, by

No comments: