Wednesday, September 26, 2007

This is the planet of sound.

Moments of bliss, moments of yuck.


Bliss:

--watching Yes perform "The Gates of Delirium" with a full orchestra. Sublime, I tells ya.

-- eating the tasty lamb tips I bought the other day. Put 'em in a field greens salad with black beans, grapes, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, and a less than liberal amount of olive oil. I hardly eat lamb, but I'm not sure why. D-lish.

--Hearing from my drivers that Ray, our new warehouse guy is a loon when he's out on deliveries with the guys. Usually a quiet and respectful man, Ray has been guilty of: 1. meowing at every single woman/girl/granny that walked by the truck when the guys were stuck in traffic the other day. When they told him to hold back because all these women had to do was call the number on the truck to lodge a complaint, he responded with a "meow". 2. telling another driver, while they were on the road, to call Karen and tell her he was done working for the day. Except he didn't put it like that. This is what he said: "Call that bitch and tell her I need to go home and clean some clothes and then I want to eat my wife's pussy". He then went on to express how much he loved the taste of an unclean woman. And you know he didn't put it like that, but I'll spare you the vulgarity. 3. Hell, I could go on. This guy's nuts! And hearing the guys, who have heard and seen it all, share these stories with absolute awe in their voices, has been transcendent.

--reading Ivan Sanderson's book. The man put cryptozoology on the map, and after years of not finding any of his works, I've finally found his book on Bigfoot. And what a great read it's been.


Yuck:

--finding out my man Ray at work is a loon. It means that at some point, he's going to crack. And guess who'll have to clean up the mess? Hope he keeps it together because he's a hell of a worker.

--How could anyone have children at this point with a clean conscience? It's pretty much been established that our planet is going down the shitter. Fairly soon, the world will be a very unpleasant and harsh place to live in. And that is not seeing the glass half empty, that's being completely realistic. I really hope things turn out ok, that a way will be found to better our environment, but it's not looking so good. So why bring children into this world? I suppose they do make good accessories. Just ask Brangelina.

-- Dane cook.

No comments: