Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Koala's and other tales

It's a little slow at work, right now. Let's see how far I get with this. I've been noticing I've been curt with some of our customers and, even though some of the time it's probably appropriate, I'd like to do away with that aspect of my customer service. I know I've been like that mostly because I'm probably in the wrong profession and I'm not very good at hiding that fact. However, as far as jobs go, I don't have too much to complain about. So, until I figure out where I'm headed, I will do my best to make the best out of this situation. I've had worse jobs; it shouldn't be too much to bear for a while longer. And though I usually tend to bitch about work on this site, I do feel like I'm growing from the challenge it presents.

--



I've been known to have instances of synchronicity and I had a hell of a one this morning. Because it involved a certain someone who heretofore has not been named, I won't go into the details of the experience. To those of you who are regular readers of mine, I apologize once again for doing this. By this, I mean bringing up a person who's identity I've been disinclined to reveal for various reasons. If I were you, and maybe in the grand design I am, but we don't have time to get into that---if I were you, I'd want me to put up or shut up concerning this woman. I'd be yelling at the screen :"If you're not going to go into anything beyond shadowy surface details, then why bring her up at all, you idiot? I mean, what a childish thing to do. Oooh, I've got a secret, but I'm not going to tell you. I'm going to keep you in suspense. This isn't an episode of Lost, where you stick around to witness the unveiling of mysteries. No, this is something far more uninteresting and annoying and not worth the readers time."

So, that's what I'd say. But, I'd also be drunk when saying that, and therefore combative. So, you can't really take that as gospel. Anyway, in my defense, I bring her up without really bringing her up because I'm smitten, despite myself. And because that's so, she warrants at least a mention here and there, don't you think? Whether anything comes out of it, she is someone I hold in high regard and, as frustrating as it is, I'll continue, here and there, to write about her. Who knows, maybe there will be a time when the veil is lifted and it'll be safe for me to reveal her identity.

Anyway.....

So I had a moment of synchronicity involving her and it was incredible. It was akin to lying in bed, thinking about a friend you hadn't seen in a month. And as you're thinking about this person, you imagine hearing a knock on your bedroom door and when you say "come in", it's that very person. And after that thought has fluttered away and you've moved on to other thoughts about this person, lo' and behold, you hear a knock on the door, and holy christ, it's that person.

That's how things went down for me this morning. Pretty cool. I've stopped short of trying to apply meaning to the event, but the temptation is there to declare that what happened is a sign that we are meant to be together. But, then again, why can't it mean that? I mean, I'm not going to dwell on the issue and I understand that there are many possible meanings I could attach to the event, that of course I'd choose this one because it's the most appealing, but sometimes in life amazing things happen, things that defy explanation and remind us that, despite our limited outlook, we are still naive and young in the fabric of the Grand. Ah, I'm just a foolish old romantic. Let me savor the taste of this a while longer.
--

With that, I will wrap this up. After work, I plan on taking a run and baking some marinated lamb tips for dinner. Yes, my friends, I will be sinking my choppers into one of the cutest animals on the planet. Tomorrow, I'll continue the trend when I broil up some Koala bear.

No comments: