Sunday, April 29, 2007

You say it's your birthday

Last night I took Spira out to dinner for her birthday. We went to a brazillian restaurant in Inman Sq. called the Midwest Grill. We ate too much from the buffet and beside us, a man was playing some impressive bossa nova on his nylon string guitar. There was a large drum on its side next to the man and every so often one of the waiters, a rotund, bald man, would come over and beat away on it. Overall, it was a great meal; I can't remember the last time I had that much meat (there's a joke there, but it's too obvious and I'm taking a break from the obvious these days.)

From there we went to Newbury Comics where I bought her the newest Amy Winehouse album. We noticed Joanna Newsom had a new ep, so Spira bought that for herself and later at my house, I ripped both discs onto my computer. We went to Luke Warm's house after that and hung out for awhile. Spira, after having too much food at dinner, was down for the count in grips of a food coma and fell asleep on Luke Warm's bed. While she slept, we watched a video of a Philipino dwarf named Weng Weng. The clip consisted of edits from a film he was in called "For Your Height Only". He plays a James Bond type and if the film is as entertaining as the video we saw, then my life will be markedly improved (Luke immediately ordered it from Netflix after we watched the clip). Sorry, Little Superstar, there's a new dwarf in town.

Our new house-mate, Rich, moved in today. I talked to him earlier, and it was obvious he was a little stressed about the move. I can't imagine moving in with complete strangers will be something he gets used to right away, especially when the strangers are creepy assholes like me and Bob.

I'm tired and am filled with a mild apprehension. I don't know its source, but it's been looming over me for some time now. Nothing debilitating, but a definite presence. Could be that I need to get laid. I'm way overdue.

I've got tomorrow off from work and will try to relax. My time away from the job, especially lately, has been especially therapeutic. I don't know what I'd do if I had to work six or seven days a week like many people do. I'd probably be ok, but I'd definitely be whiny about it.

Well, I'm off to do some reading. Just finished watching the Sopranos and every time Edie Falco appeared on the screen, I had to fan myself. Looking good, Edie.

Ok, I've said enough and it's time to hit the book.

No comments: