Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I dreamed of 747's over geometric farms

It's been a veritable maelstrom at work lately, with me swirling in its eye. I've been fortunate enough not to have been involved with the problems that have arisen as a result of an almost entirely new staff handling an increase in business. Although I'm the manager, I've kept my head, rather admirably, I must say, through all the blunders, angry customers, and confusion that come with an inexperienced staff. I've had three people no-show on their first day of work. I've watched some very sketchy people come and lend a hand for a few hours here and there in the warehouse when things have gotten busy, and have wondered if they're stable enough to not to act on the urge to take a jack-hammer to my anus or pull a gun out of their pocket and, unceremoniously and without feeling, shoot my face to kingdom come. I've watched the whole comedy of errors unfold day after day and know that its a temporary problem. At least that's what I've been telling myself.
--
I talked with her last night and after that, much of my night was ruined. Every thing I tried to do was flavored with thoughts of her. Happens every time. Simply put, I'm a big fan of hers. Got to keep this on the down low, or d.l. as those in the know would say, because I'm not sure if she knows how I feel, which is smitten, and I'm not sure if there's even a remote chance---nah, there is, but I need more than that before I reveal any more. I could go on and relate the reasons why I think so highly of her, but I'm going to spare you that, at least for now. Will anything come of this? I have no fucking idea. Didn't have one before and certainly don't now. Ah, but I can at least think of her. That's something, at least.
--
I haven't talked to most of my friends in a while. It's down to Spira and occasionally Luke Warm, but I hardly ever see or talk to him anymore. Sometimes, when I pull my boat ashore and take a break from the current, I miss my friends and wonder if they're just fossils to me now. When I think like that, I tell myself it's the nature of things, that people change, move on. Sometimes they come back around, sometimes they don't. And, generally, I'm okay with that. Doesn't mean things have to get worse.

Tonight I'll relax as much as I can and will probably finish reading the The Road. It's been a while since I've burned through a book this quickly, but it had me at hello. Might watch the Warriors vs. Mavs game if it's on early enough.

Ok, I'm done with you and I suspect you were done with me a couple of paragraphs ago. Fair enough.

No comments: