Friday, January 19, 2007

A word from our sponsor

Over the last week, I've been watching The Office (US) , thanks to Bob TV, who exposed me to a website that hosts all of the episodes. I kept hearing from reliable sources that the show was very funny and that I should check it out. These days, I don't watch much television, and summoning the energy to remind myself to watch anything is a fruitless task. So, it took me a while, but I'm glad I watched it. Very funny; I didn't expect to like it that much, but I found myself longing for more after I plowed through the available episodes. I've watched some of the UK version, which spawned the US version, but I don't like it as much. Still good, though.

Because I'm so poor lately, my weekends have hardly been fun filled, and this one doesn't look like it's going to be any different. Fortunately, Luke Warm lives close by and Spira lives even closer, which is to say a floor below me, so I still have a social life, albeit a shrunken one. And speaking of something being shrunken, I need to get laid. It's been too long and it's about time, damnit! I'm not usually big on casual sex because of its resulting complications, but I'm completely game for some now. I have not done right by my libido; I have failed it again and again, to the point where if I don't satisfy it soon, I fear it may abandon me forever. Maybe I should go to a bar tonight and seduce a woman with a few in her, and hope she doesn't vomit on me.

Truth is, I'll probably just watch the Celtics game, perhaps with Luke Warm, and do some reading and writing. Fortunately, those are not default activities; I will find pleasure engaging in them and will only feel a small amount of guilt for not going out and being social. I need a girlfriend. I need to get laid.

Needs are constructs of the ego. I am beyond needs. I am like the lilies in the field.

Ok, enough! It's off to the bar, I go.



1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

The Office UK is one of the best shows ever, if not the best, but you have to watch the episodes in order and also understand that the series starts off slowly. I have the boxed set and it's yours to borrow if I can get you over for pics this week.