Monday, January 22, 2007

I pulled on trouble's braids

I ate the tallest burger I've ever had tonight and I think, especially in light of the fact that I hardly ever eat red meat, that I better bring a book with me on my next visit to the privy. Spira was jonesing to go out to eat and I obliged for two reasons: first, Spira is a very enthusiastic eater---the joy she derives from a good meal surpasses sex in her book---and her enthusiasm is contagious; second, I enjoy her company over most other people's and don't often pass up on a chance to hang out with her. While tossing ideas around as far as our preference was concerned, Spira expressed the urge to consume a burger. So, burgers it was; we decided to check out a place called RF O'Sullivan's nearby.

As I mentioned, the burger was tall. I couldn't fit the damn thing in my mouth ( that begs a "that's what she said" remark, but as I'm a grown man, I've left that sort of nonsense way back in my past). For the record, my burger was of the mushroom swiss variety, and Spira had one with bacon and sorts of other slimming and nutritional stuff. And a pint of Bass to go along with it. Mmmmmmm. Good call on getting burgers, Boo.

Kreg stopped by the house later on, followed shortly by Luke Warm. Add Bob TV to the mix, an d you have a cozy little party. We watched the Celtics put in a valiant, but futile, effort against the mighty Spurs, and played some guitar and ukulele during the commercials.

After everyone left, I watched some of The Office (Uk) and witnessed some great comedy. I'll cap the night off with some Curb Your Enthusiasm. I hope all this comedy will make my dreams funny, because they sure need to laugh.

1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

I'm reading this at six thirty in the friggin morning and you already have me hungry for burger.