Sunday, January 7, 2007

A river ain't too much to love

Lately, it's been tough keeping up with my writing here; I've been distracted by life's minutiae and more to the point, there hasn't been much I've wanted to write about. Sure, there have been a whole host of things I've thought about sharing, but since they involve other people who may wish to remain anonymous, I hold back. For example, last week I caught Luke Warm rummaging through Spira's panty drawer, sniffing the goods, but because he's a good friend of mine, I'll refrain from writing about it. Same goes for my friend Kreg, who I saw stealing the beggar's cup from a homeless person in Harvard Sq the other day. I'm not going to expose his ill deed to the world, but will speak to him in private about it. He's been a good friend; I owe him that much, at least.

I was a real party monger last night. I stayed in and read. That's right, I said it--- I read. Big deal! I had a great time, too. Think of me what you will, but I enjoyed every second of it. I managed to finish Flashman, which was a fantastic read, and also put a solid dent into Jacqueline Carey's first novel in her Sundering duology. It's basically The Lord of the Rings told from Sauron's point of view. Since high fantasy is typically known for it's rigid portrayal of good and evil and not much in between, it's refreshing seeing someone turn the genre turned on its head by illustrating the subjective nature of things. It's all point of view, baby!

As time goes on, I enjoy watching football less and less, but I'm going to watch the Patriot's play today since it's the playoffs. Or maybe I'll take a walk, instead. It's a beautiful day; may as well enjoy the fair weather while I can.

No comments: