Thursday, April 30, 2015

There's a doctor I've found can cure the boy

Well, I consumed about half the lollipop the other night and felt zero effects. Around 11:30, I went to sleep and that was that.

But not really.

I woke up around 3am to pee and as I was getting my clothes on, I realized I was insanely high off my ass. My senses were humming, my heart was racing. It took hours but the cannabis finally kicked in.

"Oh, well", I thought, "back to bed with me and I'll sleep it off". Easier said than done. I learned quickly that sleep would not be possible, at least not for a while. I got back in bed and closed my eyes but my body was humming wildly and I was beset with visuals that had little association with anything I'd deem reality. I also had to contend with severe dry mouth, which I had expected and prepared for. I furiously guzzled water.

No sleep for you, buddy.

I managed to calm myself down a bit with some breathing exercises. This was good, because anxiety and paranoia were creeping around, ready to be called into action. I kept telling myself I needed to harness the high, to pacify this typhoon. The breathing helped, but I was still rip-roaring high.

I hesitate to say I was going through hell, because I wasn't, but it wasn't a very comfortable affair. Still, I was maintaining and not freaking out which, I should mention, is always a distinct possibility in this type of situation.

Sleep finally came a couple of hours later when the birds were chirping and the sun was coming out. I woke up later than usual and still high. I made breakfast (an interesting experience) and took a long cold shower that helped restore some equilibrium.

I debated whether to go to work sooner than later. After a cup of coffee, I still felt high but I was alert and decided I'd attempt the drive. If, once in the car, I didn't feel good about it, I'd wait until later.

I ended up feeling well enough to drive and made it to work without incident. I parked on the street adjacent to our building and as I was walking up the sidewalk, Amanda called out to me from her car. She pulled up to the curb and I got in the passenger side and told her my story. We had a good laugh about it.

I was high most of the day, but it wasn't nearly as intense as it was at 3am. It was a pleasant day, actually, albeit a little altered.

Lesson of the day: Be very careful about consuming cannabis edibles. Proper set and setting is key. It's a different ballgame than smoking cannabis. And, just for the record, I was careful about it. If I go down that road again, I'll have to be even more careful.

Overall, it was a cleansing experience, believe it or not. Not something I want to go through every day, but it was beneficial. 

What a ride!
--

Alright, I'm out.

P.S. I probably know more about a thing than you think I do, so a bit of advice: choose your lies wisely and get your stories straight, people. Ha!

No comments: