Saturday, April 18, 2015

Three days was the morning

Our kitchen has gradually been overtaken by mice. I've known about it for a while but it's becoming a bit too much. Walking into the kitchen is often a startling experience because of those little buggers; we're starting to jump at shadows. The thought of killing a bunch of mice hasn't filled with me glee - I've debated the pros and cons extensively - but they've got to go. If  my roommates were shitting on the stove and counter tops, I'd get rid of them too. There would be no murder in this scenario, however. Well, probably not.

This week has been a mixed bag. It was tempestuous and go,go,go and worrisome and pleasant and challenging and shitty and ...... basically life, only accelerated and occasionally overwhelming. It's a beautiful day and I'm going to enjoy it. Because I'm an introvert, I need to recharge my batteries. I haven't had much time this week for myself. It's been a quiet, sunny morning; just the elixir I need.

Evangeline's mom is visiting this weekend. I like her quite a bit. She's very mom-like and warm. A good energy to have in the house after a trying week. The three of us had some good conversations and laughs last night. Fred left for vacation yesterday so I had to fly solo interviewing potential roommates last night. After each one left, Evangeline and her mom would tell me their thoughts (they were cooking and eating during both interviews). I appreciated the input. I like to have a few more people come by and then make a decision.

A few things:

The Galaxy Invader is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's a B movie, to be sure, but it's so unintentionally funny and earnest and unique. It's a classic. I've watched it several times and it gets better with each viewing.
Saw the new Batman VS. Superman trailer and it looks great. The Frank Miller Batman reboot the movie is based on was a favorite of mine back in the day. Ben Affleck is going to bring the ruckus, I can feel it. The suit looks bad ass! I'm kind of excited. Same goes for the new Star Wars. The shitty thing is it will be winter when both films will be released and just the thought of that foul season gets me all frowny. Here's my solution: release both movies next weekend. Let's make it hap'n, Cap'n!

Ok, on with the day.

Namaste!

No comments: