Sunday, April 26, 2015

I saw you dreaming of Paris

I'm making my usual potato dish this evening, but I'm raising the bar and serving it with falafel. My prediction: I'm going to enjoy it. Unless I completely fuck it up, which is possible but barely, my dinner will be a tasty one. And, I might add, it will be a healthy one. I only say that because I want to express how advanced an entity I am. But you figured that out already.

It's been a lazier day than I anticipated, but I have been productive. Thought IE might be practicing today, but it didn't pan out. I practiced yoga this morning. Lately, about every other session incorporates a stool and I use it in different ways with an emphasis on upper body and core strengthening. It keeps me mindful of the present, too, sometimes profoundly, and that is a wonderful thing. I've developed quite a number of exercises with that wooden stool. The open-endedness of yoga, it's malleability, is why I never get bored with it. My practice evolves as I evolve.

Late last night I watched The Babadook, one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time. Spooked me out a bit. Really well done. Kind of like The Shining in its way. Had a real dreamy atmosphere. The acting was exceptional. A lot to praise. I recommend it.

Turns out I need new front ball joints in my car. Won't cost quite as much as I had feared, which is a relief. Also a relief is the news that I don't have to get it fixed right away. I've spent a lot of money this month and one more expense would have been uncomfortable. I'm glad I had the car looked at; now I know what I'm dealing with.

I finally took steps to relieve us of the mouse problem. I picked up a couple of no-kill traps. It'll probably be a longer process than straight up poison but I'm alright with that. I was on the fence about the poison and every time I convinced myself it was the cheapest, most effective solution, a weird thing would happen: the store wouldn't have any in stock or I'd just flat out forget to look for some. I don't want to murder anything if I don't have to, so I'll give these traps a shot. The mice should send me a thank you card for thinking of their well being. I've got to tell you, I doubt they will.

Well, dinner is about ready.

Bye, lovers




No comments: