Friday, February 27, 2015

Pretty soon there will be no air to breathe, pretty soon there wil be no pretty sea to see

Over the last month or so, I've had issues with my car. It began with it not starting very easily some mornings. My mechanic in Andover thought a tune up would solve the trick. Sam is basically trustworthy but he has little interest in keeping costs low. His garage is next to my office building; which is why I continue to give him my business. The garage I go to in Somerville is my preferred destination; their only sin is not calling me to let me know what's wrong with my car and how much it's going to cost or that it's ready to be picked up. I have to stay on top of them like I'm a bookie and they're deadbeat gamblers. But it's been proven to my satisfaction time and again that they are trustworthy and have my best interests in mind.

 Even after a spiffy tune up that ran me close to three hundred greenbacks, my car still exhibited the same symptoms from time to time. I brought it to the garage in Somerville and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. They suspected the battery, but it had juice and tested fine. My sister's car had the same issues as mine and a new battery was the solution. I resolved to have them install a new battery if it happened again.

Well, it happened again. And again. And again. For various reasons, I waited until things got worse to take the car back to the garage. The other night, it died a couple of times on my way home from my mother's house. Not a fun time having the car suddenly shut off when you're going 65 on the highway. I'm grateful I didn't get in a wreck.


I paid a return visit to the Somerville guys yesterday. It took them most of the day, but they felt confident it was the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve that was culprit. They said the part cost approximately five hundred smackers, but rather than suggest a new one, like Sam might have done, they took out my existing one and gave it a thorough cleaning.  They think it made a difference. I've driven the car quite a bit since picking it up; so far, so good. They didn't charge me anything. Good guys. I brought them donuts today.
--

I just took a break to make some coffee. While waiting for the water to boil, I thought about some of the attractive women I saw at the courthouse in Cambridge today. And then something else started to boil, if you catch what I'm flinging. Eh? Know what I mean? Man, I'm attracted to all sorts of women! I draw the line at too old and too young and really unhealthy looking, but other than that, I'm pretty open. I'll take pretty much every other type of woman any day over the vacant-eyed skeletons I see gracing the cover of various magazines.

Today I was in full appreciation of J in the T. I was witness to several fine examples and the libido took control of my senses. I almost had to rush outside and stuff some snow down my pants. Instead I imagined Sean Hannity french kissing that woman from Throw Mama From The Train. Settled me right the fuck down.. Are you feeling me, brah?

So, yeah, I checked out a healthy assortment of women today and I thought about how much I appreciate them and also how it's a crying shame (and a waste of resources, for reals) that I'm not making love to them more often. I'm an attentive, sensual lover, son! Ask any prostitute. Ha!

Where's the love for Kevin Credible?

--
It's Friday and I'm tired. I'd like to revivify so I can get the most out of my night. Coffee helped, maybe some yoga or a cold shower will too. It's possible I'll continue my Parks & Rec binge (I hope to write about this special show in the coming days). I'd like to work on some music. Ignore Emporium is slated to practice this weekend after a lengthy hiatus (que bueno!); maybe I'll run through some of our songs. I should probably try to figure out some of Billy's encrypted messages. He's a huge John Dee fan these days and everything has to be esoteric.

G'night, you spiritual beings having a human experience!



No comments: