Thursday, January 1, 2015

The rich man stands in front of me, poor man behind my back

New Year's Day, 2015. So it is. I had lunch with my mother at her favorite restaurant, Luigi's. I ate relatively light yesterday in anticipation of eating Italian food early in the day today. I ate a combo plate of lasagna, eggplant and chicken parm, and meat balls. I almost finished it all in one sitting. Guess I was hungry. It was nice starting the year off with mom and a cute waitress that seemed to like my ways. I put aside the notion of asking her out,though, particularly because I was preoccupied with my mother and also because my days of asking women out in spontaneous fashion are behind me. Let's just say I've had poor results.

I ended up not being social last night. I didn't have too many invitations to do anything, but I had a couple. I was tired and felt like a low key night. Wasn't entirely low key, I had trouble at times feeling alright about my choice. The curse of the social introvert is always wondering if you've made the right decision. Well, it was an okay night all the same, but kind of weird. I listened to probably too much of a Ronnie The Limo Driver compilation, talked to Kreg, and watched probably not enough of the first installment of Nymphomaniac.

Jeff sent us home at noon yesterday. We had so much work that I almost wished that he hadn't. Almost. It was nice getting home early and I was grateful. I stopped by the coffee shop before I left for some egg nog brew but mostly to see Mary and wish her a Happy New Year's. Alas, she wasn't there. Perhaps I'll talk about her more in another post.

A new year. Last year wasn't so bad, plenty of highlights, some of which are not safe to print, but it was challenging and disappointing, too. So it goes every year, every month, every day. Living ain't easy, my friends, not all the time, and if we've been told any different, we've been misled.

Contemplating renting The Edge of Tomorrow, a movie I keep hearing from reliable sources is a very good one. I want to play music, though, and I'd like to have a go at some lyrics. We'll see.

See ya, cronies. 





No comments: