Thursday, January 15, 2015

I've got sunshine in my stomach, like I just put my baby to sleep

Man, what an ugly commute home from work. Just ugly. Shitty drivers, snow spitting on salted, sanded wet roads. Surprisingly, I kept a pretty even-keeled disposition throughout it. Maybe the increased attention to my spiritual life is paying off.

Spira gave me some mala beads to meditate with. I'd been wanting to get some and she had an extra one, so now I'm in business. There are 108 beads total and the idea is to say a mantra for each bead. There's an orthodox way to hold them, but it's not comfortable for me, so I do it my own way, which I'm confident is just as good. I like using them; by keeping count with the beads I can't focus more on the mantra.

Music abounds! The band has been back on track after a hiatus during the holidays. My life has become enriched because of it. We're building up a set and soon enough will be playing out. We're introducing Pat to the fold; he'll help fill the sound out.

Next week I start another band. This one will feature me, Scott, Foley, and Pat. A couple of weeks ago I had the idea to reach out to Pat and Foley to see if they wanted to get together on a regular basis and see what we can come up with. I talked to Pat about it and he was on board. Today, I texted Foley with the idea and he texted back that he had the exact same idea and was just about to present it to us. He also informed me that Scott could contribute, too, albeit from afar (i.e. he'd record parts and send over the internets). So, an abundance of music down the pike with some of my favorite people.

Alright, off with me.

No comments: