Monday, January 26, 2015

We used to have good times together, but now it seems they've gone away

Friday morning my car would barely start. After several attempts, and right as I was about to call AAA, it started fine. That was good because I had to go into Cambridge and do some recording for work.

The car ran fine, but I took it to my mechanic in Andover when I arrived at work. He told me I needed a tune up and, even though I was out close to $300, I figured I got off easy. The car ran fine all through the weekend until this morning when I could barely get the car to start.

Fortunately, it started and I didn't have to have it towed. I brought it to the garage I go to here and left it. It's almost four o'clock and I still don't even know what's wrong with it. I called around one and they told me my car was up next. I'm going to call again. So all day I've been on pins and needles about how much this is going to cost me.

Between the last paragraph and this one, I went and picked up my car. They couldn't find anything wrong with it. I got off cheap, but it's disconcerting not knowing what the issue is. It will show its face again, I predict. We'll see.

A big blizzard is soon to arrive. We're expected to get at least two feet of snow, which means no work for the next day at least. My neighbor Steve, who was out shoveling/snow blowing for approximately four and half hours the other day (we only got about four inches), is, I'm sure, in full hard on mode right now. Last big storm we had, he spent the entire day and a good chunk of the night clearing snow wherever he could find it. I wouldn't give a shit, but I have to listen to the racket he causes. There are worse things in life.

I'll probably work on songs a lot in the next day or two. I've been inspired in an F you kind of way. I don't want to go into detail, but I feel like I need to prove to some people that I'm an actual musician who might actually be pretty good. I know my stuff is an acquired taste and a lot of people don't care for it, but I care about it.

Alright, time to go do other stuff.

Good luck in the storm, kiddos.

No comments: