Wednesday, January 28, 2015

On the thirty first floor, a gold-plated door

The storm wasn't  as mean as it was made out to be. Wind was barely existent - I had expected thunderous window rattling - and we retained electricity. And, as a result of the storm, I had yesterday and, I just found out, today off from work.

Yesterday was part lazy and part active. I watched a couple of Sopranos episodes in bed, played some music, meditated, read. I also practiced yoga for about a half hour followed by an uninterrupted three hours of shoveling.

Fred was working from home, so I tackled the driveway. It was a meditation; I got into a space, if you catch what I'm I'm flinging. And, I have to thank my yoga practice; I maintained a good energy level the entire time I was out there and am only the slightest bit sore today. That was a ton of snow, son.

So, yeah, I'm a veritable Hercules. Lucky me. Whatever. Anyway, I'm going to enjoy another day off.

Winter ain't such a bad thing.


No comments: