Monday, September 1, 2014

Won't you stay, we'll put on the day, and we'll wear it till the night comes

Perhaps it's because I haven't smoked in a while, but my dreams have been vivid. I'm keenly aware that the retelling of dreams is usually only interesting to the teller, but because I don't keep a dream journal, I'm going to jot down a few notes concerning a few I've had recently. Anyway, you're a skimmer, so it's not like I'll be putting you out.

Dream  #1

I came upon my cousin Erin at the laundromat on Broadway. I was surprised to see her out of context. Normally a positive person and achievement oriented, she professed to be down on her luck.

The scene shifted to a modest house near a beach in Costa Rica. My cousin approached an older couple who were embracing in their kitchen and separated them gently, guiding the man over to me as she held the hand of the woman.

I didn't feel right about interrupting the lives of these strangers, but suddenly I found myself engaging in a goofy kind of waltz with this man while my cousin did the same with the woman. We danced around the house.

I have no idea where this dream came from.

Dream # 2

This occurred last night or, rather, this morning. I've been having dreams of being involved with different women at various stages of romantic involvement. They're great while they last but it sucks when I wake up.
Yeah, so I was in bed with a woman who reminded me of Kristen Wiig. It was morning and we were engaged in a light session of fooling around. I got the sense we didn't know each that well but were about to be a couple (a running theme in these dreams of women). A person we both knew approached the bed and started talking to us. He didn't realize we had taken things to an amorous level. I didn't mind talking with him but I wanted him to leave for obvious reasons. He eventually did and my "mate" and picked up where we left off. As things picked up steam, she got up to use the bathroom. While she was gone I started waking up. I rebelled, struggled to keep myself there, but it all broke apart like wet tissue.

Booooooo!!

-

The Ignore Emporium family has expanded. Yesterday, Michelle, Janelle and I had our first practice at Janelle and Bill's place. It was a productive session. It was clear early on that we had good chemistry and a similar vision as to how to treat the music. It was gratifying working with others again. One of my favorite aspects of playing in a band was the practices, the rolling up your sleeves and getting some good work done ethic. I hope we keep this up - I think we will. Invigorating!

The weekend was long but almost over. The sinister forces are speeding up the apocalypse and summer's breath recedes making room for another projected brutal winter. Still, one finds reasons to carry on in loving defiance.

Peace, brothers and sisters.

No comments: