Friday, September 12, 2014

You know the future's many dreams away

It is Friday and I am hanging out with the Baby Boy Z. My commute home from work was ten minutes. That has been an exquisite feature of my house sitting stint. Zico is licking my bare leg. Hold on....

I think he needs to go out.

I'm back. Z dragged his heels a bit near the end of the walk so he could eat grubs in the field. I'm surprised he had enough room for supper, but he ate heartily upon our return. I, too, had dinner, minus the grabs. An absolutely lovely salad I ate, which included some tomato from Janelle's garden. I'm all about pesticides and GMO, but every once in a while it's nice to eat something fresh.

I started reading Joseph Goldstein's Mindfulness last night. More and more I see how being mindful, embodying the teachings of The Buddha, is the way to go, perhaps the only way to go. At least for me. Most religions, when you get past the dogma and other bullshit, teach pretty much the same thing, but in different ways. All roads lead to Rome.

Yes, kittens, I am trying to engineer my own evolution so that I may be of better service to myself and the likes of you. Or something like that.

Ok, you got a lengthy post last night, so I'm going to wrap this up. I'll be back soon.

In the meantime, I will go practice some yoga, work on some music (I'm eager to get cracking with the ladies upon Janelle's return from France), meditate, horse around with Pooch Edward Bottoms, and read.

G'night, supplicants.

No comments: