Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Blood is the rose of mysterious union

I have access to cable TV here at Janelle and Bill's place, but I've only had it on once and only for about ten minutes. Know what I watched? Some Cosby Show, son! Good, clean fun that show was. Had a positive vibe but didn't get too preachy. I haven't been keeping up with sitcoms, but it seems to me most of them are kind of cynical in tone. But don't take my word for it - I'm the guy who hasn't watched TV in years. Anyway, The Cosby show was something special.

Of course, in a way I do watch TV, just online and not that often. And best of all, (mostly) commercial free. Man, when I get around a TV and a commercial comes on, I feel like puking in my mouth. Fairly often, someone will ask me if seen such and such a commercial. After I explain my TV situation and tell them how offensive I find commercials to be, they usually say something to the effect of "Well, this one is soooo funny!"  Maybe so, but all I see is someone doing whatever it takes to get into my pants. Maybe I'm uptight, but that's some unsavory shit. 

I'm not sure, I lost track at some point, but I think I'll be hitting my 10 year anniversary as concerns quitting smoking in a couple of months. I won't be marking it on my calendar or celebrating in any way - I'm not even sure this is something I'm proud of - but it is nice to reflect back every so often and feel good about a decision I made. 

It's such a disgusting, insidious, habit. It enslaves and kills you slowly, all the while convincing you that you can't live without it. Glad I stopped being its bitch.

Alright, well here's the deal: time to go. I think I want to practice some yoga and meditate and yada yada yada. Might watch the second Hobbit installment on my iPad (can't believe I haven't seen it yet and would prefer watching it on a larger screen, but I'll watch in the dark with a pair of headphones on. Won't be so bad. 


Peace out, rascals!

No comments: