Sunday, September 14, 2014

Maybe she can rest a while, maybe she will show her smile

I had a two hour nap this afternoon. To the extent that I take naps, which is seldom, I hardly ever sleep longer than 45 minutes. Well, today I was in a quiet house and I probably needed to catch up on some sleep. I ended up going to bed late last night and woke up early to take out Pooch Edward Bottoms. The other day I learned the Hare Krishna Mahamantra, the power of which I kept hearing about from various sources. I fell asleep to a recording of the chant this afternoon. Maybe that contributed to my lengthy slumber. Who knows.

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare....

If you're concerned I'll shave my head and  start wearing a robe, don't worry. I have no plans of becoming a devotee, but I'm trying the chant and if it is effective, I'll continue with it. Chanting is powerful stuff, but I can see why, especially if you have little or no involvement with it, you might be skeptical. But, look, I don't need to answer to you, so fuck off! See how spiritual I am?

For well over a week I've been researching tattoos. Yes, after many years on this planet, I've decided I want to get a couple. The idea feels right on numerous levels. What I want to do is get either matching or two separate mandalas on the underside of each wrist. There are so many negative images in this world, I like the idea of having positive, comforting, and possibly transformative images I can look at any time. Talismans.Also, having mandalas on my wrist will be a reminder for me to keep on the spiritual path. 

So I've been looking at lots and lots of mandalas and seeing which ones speak to me. Many have, but there's one from Carl Jung's Red Book that is the leading contender. It could very well be the one - probably have it on both wrists - but I want to make sure I know enough about it before I proceed. If it's somehow a cursed image or representative of something I don't jive with, well, that would be good to know before I have it permanently scrawled on my body. 

The whole process has been thrilling and a little scary. I may have to wait a bit having it done. I've learned that it's kind of an involved process getting a tattoo. There's a consultation and often times a lengthy waiting list. Guess it depends on where you go. I thought it would be simpler than that, but I'm new to this game. Still, I'd like to have it done sooner than later. It seems things have been sliding in place for this to work at this time. We'll see. And, you know, maybe I won't go ahead with it. I most definitely will, though. T'will be life affirming.

Alright, it's off with me. Perhaps I'll read from Mother Night this evening. Vonnegut is appropriate almost always. 

G'night, puppies.

No comments: