Saturday, September 20, 2014

The kids would all sing, he would take the wrong key

It's a quiet Saturday morning. I just watched an excellent breakdown of what I've thought for a long time to be one of the best videos of a sasquatch filmed by one of my favorite researchers, TimberGiantBigfoot. The man who provided the breakdown goes by the name ThinkerThunker and with each video he puts out, I'm more impressed. I like that he's thorough and thoughtful in his analysis and isn't afraid to employ Occam's razor even when it defies preconceived notions.

This provides some vindication for TGB, who, for reasons I've never understood, has come under a lot of fire for being a hoaxer by other Bigfoot researchers. I've seen scores of so-called Bigfoot videos  and photos and have a discerning eye. Only a small percentage of what I've seen do I believe to be authentic. I've never had any red flags with TGB. Here's why:

1. He's released close to 500 videos since 2010. Out of those videos only a handful feature what might be an actual Bigfoot (he filmed the one in question a little over a year ago). There is compelling evidence in most of his videos, but only stuff nerdy Bigfooters like myself would be into (tracks, tree breaks, whoops, etc.). If he's hoaxing, he's being very subtle about it. Where's the payoff? I don't know.

2. He lives in a small town in Ontario and seems like a very humble family man who, aside from his YouTube channel, does not seek publicity. Heck, he frequently brings his children, who've had their own sightings, out in the field with him. If he's hoaxing, this means his kids are complicit.

3.  Many researchers suffer from pareidolia, i.e. they see things that aren't really there, like the way one might see a cloud in the sky that resembles Sean Connery. TGB will point out shapes in the trees and speculate whether it could be a Bigfoot, but hardly ever definitively concludes one way or another. Not so with some of his subscribers, who see bigfoot in every other frame. A recent video had people leaving scores of comments about a clear shot of a massive squatch that TGB somehow overlooked. TGB went back to the location and discovered that it was a tree with limbs splayed in such a way that made it look like a bipedal creature. Hoaxers generally don't do things like that.

The people who claim TGB is a hoaxer never offer any tangible proof. One guy, who, in my estimation, is a hoaxer, and a poor one at that, claims the video in question featured one of his sons wearing a monkey suit. If true, it would be the best monkey suit I think I've ever seen. And it would be atypical in that it was a reddish hue and not the typical black. Whether it's a Bigfoot cannot be established irrefutably, but whatever it is, it's massive. TGB's kids are pretty young. His eldest is probably in his late teens and lanky. He would not be able to maneuver in that "monkey suit".  Anyway, if that indeed is a monkey suit, it would be an expensive one, even as a rental. And you don't see much of it in the video, which means TGB didn't get his money's worth.

So there you go. Not a hoaxer and, if he keeps this up, TGB will capture even more compelling evidence.
--

It's my last full day in Andover. I'll do some yoga and meditate and then see what's going on for later. Actually, I'm going to be a busy fella, it appears, so you may or may not be hearing from me for a bit. Depending on how you feel about this blog, this could be a good thing.

Anyway, I hope to find some time to watch Robert Redford's lost at sea movie, All Is Lost, and continue reading from Mindfulness.

Peace out.



No comments: