Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Yes, we're going to a party, party

Back from dinner at Spira's. She made lamb with potatoes and it was so good I had seconds and would have had thirds but for an inherent politeness that forbids such behavior. I had hoped to see Brianna, but she was out. She visiting for a week and then she flies back to Oregon. I'm quite fond of her; it's a lament of mine that I haven't seen her in six or seven years. There's a saying about time that applies here, but it seems to have flown from my mind.

So a delicious dinner and plenty of time with Princess Puppy Baby who, as usual, was fawned over by Spira and me. The other day Spira asked me if I could contact my local farmer about getting her some kale. She was out, which was too bad considering both her and Brianna are on vacation and not having having kale to celebrate with is a drag. I came through like a champ, son, and brought some with me tonight. But boy did it emit a strong, distinct odor! When I arrived, the concierge said, "Whooo! I like what I'm smelling! Were you just eating kale?" I told her, "Naw, but I am bringing some to a friend." Could everyone smell it? I did not know. Anyway, kale.

Easter at my mom's was nice. I picked up Nana on the way. She is still sharp, but she grows more frail each time I see her. Aging: it happens. We had a nice dinner with my sister and her family and afterward I managed to sequester myself upstairs and hook up a wireless router. It was my second attempt; it didn't go well the first time around (I do not want to talk about it). I was glad I was successful; any time I can help my mother, I'm pleased. She's done so much for me throughout my life.

Spira texted me last Saturday about going to the beach. She had invited Nina and asked if I could pick her up on the way. I can't recall if I've written about Nina before, but she's someone Spira had wanted to set me up with. They met at a yoga workshop about a year or so ago. A couple of days after Spira mentioned setting us up, we ran into her in the middle of the woods at the Fells. We had gotten lost and she arrived to guide us out.  We've seen each other a few times since then.

I didn't think she was that interested in me so I didn't make much of an effort to pursue anything despite finding her attractive. When I picked her up on Saturday, I was happy to see her but I didn't have any expectations. Before we left, the three of us ate some kale, which is always the perfect thing to eat before going to the beach.

It was a fun day. We walked along the beach in Revere and stopped for a plate of fried seafood at Kelly's. At various points, there were indications that perhaps Nina was interested in me. I took note, but spared myself the mental gymnastics that usually follow in situations such as this. Still, I find myself thinking about her more often and maybe it's bordering on too much. I don't think so, but who knows. My aim is to not interfere with the processes of life, if you catch my drift. The Universe knows what it's doing. And so do I, because I'm the game designer and the player, son! So if something happens, it will happen. If nothing does, something else will.

Now be off with you so I can meditate and watch Mad Men.


No comments: