Monday, March 31, 2014

Strap yourself to a tree with roots, you ain't going nowhere

Work has been slow. I'm optimistic that things will pick up. They better: now is not a good time for me to be without income. As it stands, my hours have decreased and I've been saddled with new expenses . Ah, but you take things as they come. Let go and let God and all that jazz.

I spent the second half of my day recording at the registries in Boston and Cambridge. Despite the misty rain and raw cold air, it was good to be out and about. I especially like working at the Cambridge registry; plenty of eye candy, if you catch my carnal drift.

Too much Tune-yards - absolutely brilliant and brimming with life but the songs resonate too strongly in the head - so it's The Byrds and their lone album with Gram Parsons, Sweetheart of The Rodeo. It is sufficing quite well.

So the UN released their bleak and dire assessment of our world to come on the heels of NASA's report, which was also bleak and dire. I'm not surprised, but when it comes at you all official-like, well, it's sobering. But that won't stop people from making babies. It seems an awful lot of people aren't taking into consideration what's coming down the pike, what we're already beginning to experience. When it is taken into account, the common response is "Well, what if my child is the one who turns things around?". Look, I try to avoid being cynical, but isn't that a bit naive and selfish? But then again, even though things look they're going to be grim according to those in the know, the future is still a mystery. Maybe the space aliens will save us from ourselves.

At the end of my yoga session today, I worked a bit on Peacock Pose.

I'm not there yet, but it will happen. And, yes, it is as hard as it looks. It took me some time to get Side Crow down on both sides but I mastered it eventually.

There's a cool variation of Side Crow I haven't attempted yet that I want to learn. Might take a while, but that's alright. Yoga is not a race.

I'm sleepy. Might take a shower to revivify (I'm still taking cold showers, in case you were wondering). I woke up an hour before my alarm and couldn't get back to sleep. Maybe an early night.

Alright, puppies, I'm out of here.

See you on the flippety-flip!




No comments: