Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It scarce would find her marrow

My Internet has slowed considerably; I suspect it has something to do with my computer crashing minutes beforehand. We'll see how it goes. Things fall apart, things wither away. It happens. (Ed. note: I've come to believe the slow Internet had more to do with our wireless router, which has been having trouble holding the connection these last several days).

I've been thinking career. I work-shopped some ideas with Spira the other day and the idea of technical writing was bandied about. So was teaching yoga. Perhaps both. After our discussion, I felt a clarity of being. Believe it or not, focusing on the solution and not the problem is the way to go.

It was fucking freezing today; spring arrives on Thursday, but winter does not give a fuck. Winter is an asshole, in case you haven't heard.

Spira and I watched 12 Years A Slave the other night. Very intense and profoundly moving. Spira cried through pretty much all of it; I had my misty moments, but not nearly as many. We were about twenty minutes into it and between sobs she said she wasn't sure if she could make it through much further. Being of pure heart and noble grace, I told her it was fine with me if we stopped watching. She toughed through the rest of the film and was emotionally drained by the end. "That was too much to take!", she said.

"What were you expecting? A delightful romp through the cotton fields of the south?", I said because I am oh so hilarious.

Craig came by on Sunday and we jammed some songs in preparation for our pending jam session at his house down yonder on the Cape of Cod. Some Pink Floyd, a taste of Zeppelin. Looks like Mark, Pat, and perhaps a Toohey will be in attendance. Maybe others, we'll see. I hope we incorporate syncopated dance steps when we play.

I've been having some pretty far out experiences during meditation and during Amy Torres's webinars. My daily life has felt more or less the same as usual, but there have been a few times when I've felt warm and deeply silent in this dream we've scripted. Aware. But Maya is a seductress and I don't expect I'll be free of its illusions without some resistance.

Alright, suckas, remember to give, remember to love, and forget about grievances - they suck.

Happy trails, puppies.

No comments: