Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Your boy won't be a boy no more, young but not a child

I don't care what you say, it's not all pain and misery this life. Be a fatalist, be a wet blanket, but you'll never convince me there's not joy and jubilee to be found on this planet. Just have to tune into that frequency, if you catch my drift. No, doesn't seem you do. Seems like you're thinking I'm some New Age dope, peddling dreamy utopias, but no, I assure you, it's not that way at all.

Anyway

My above hopeful outlook notwithstanding, I still have my challenges, some tolerable, some close to overwhelming, but I am wakening to the things that offer me no benefit and that is a good place to be. Consistent meditation has helped me spot patterns of behavior that have outlived their usefulness. I grow more conscious.

Anyway

So I'm watching True Detective. I'm on the fourth episode. This show, so far, is really, really good. The acting, writing, cinematography...everything is top notch. Amanda set me up with an HBO GO password which is how I'm able to watch it. That app is a fucking treasure chest! When I first heard about True Detective - I think I saw a preview on Reddit - I had an immediate affinity for it. Glad I don't have to wait for DVD.


I fade. I think I'll wrap things up before I become (more) incomprehensible. There are desires that require rumination. I'm transitioning from being the victim of fate to the architect of my life. So take that!

No comments: