Monday, March 3, 2014

So you thought you might like to go to the show

Another cold heartless day, but winter is running out of breath. I saw a robin the other day; that has to account for something. That's right, winter, you asshole, you prick - your days are numbered.

Saw St. Vincent last week. Janelle had gotten me a ticket as a Christmas present and what a present it proved to be. The show was at the House of Blues and, not long after our arrival, Janelle and I ran into Spira and Ali at the bar. We knew they'd be there but weren't sure we'd run into them among the 2,000 people in attendance. Nice running into them and even nicer when we found out we were all sitting together. The odds were slim that would happen. Cool when odds are defied in a harmonious way.

The show was pretty amazing. Annie Clark has really come into her own as a performer. She maintained a post-post modern Ziggy Stardust meets Geisha meets Cyborg meets Bride of Frankenstein persona. Immediately after the show, I was asked what I thought of the show and  I wasn't exactly sure. I was still processing it. I knew I was impressed but I couldn't yet articulate why.

I'm better equipped to now, but I'll refrain because it might take a while. I'll sum it up by saying it was incredible, one of the best shows I've seen in a long time. The sound was phenomenal and the audience was attentive.

St Vincent, son.

Like many other I people, I've found myself hooked on House of Cards. I house sat for Spira this past weekend and I binge watched the fuck out of the show. It's really good but it leaves you feeling a bit oily. Lots of heartless characters in that world.

I'm listening to St. Vincent's Strange Mercy. It's so effin good! Annie Clark, you are the belle of the all.

And so are you, dear readers. Off to watch some House of Cards. Time to relax a bit after a rather intense session of yoga.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Hey Kevin! How's it going!? I thought I would do some catch up reading (been MIA for a while now). House of cards aye, Ill have to give it a try. I need to find something to occupy my time between now and the new season of Game of Thrones.

Kevin said...

Hey Leigh! Great to hear from you. House of Cards is addictive. Love Game of Thrones! Keep in touch. Hope you're well.