Sunday, April 1, 2012

Drink up baby, stay up all night

Woke up at ten on the dot, went downstairs and prepared a breakfast of Kashi's GoLean cereal and coffee. I went to the bathroom, did what comes natural and, while washing my hands, I gazed upon my morning reflection in the mirror and witnessed a dime-sized pink dot on my forehead. It was positioned exactly where the third eye/pineal gland resides. In the center of the dot was a little, cratered bump. I touched it gently, igniting a bit of itchiness. Most likely a bug bite, but the positioning was interesting. Maybe a bindi formed overnight as an indicator of third eye activity. Is the kundalini flowing? I can't say, at least not consciously. I do know this: the ego would love to convey that storyline. Cool thing to blog about. "Hey, everyone! I'm evolving in cool, esoteric ways, while you're all dumbed down in the thick of this realm watching America's Dopiest Toddlers and gorging on Big Gulps and donuts." Students of spiritual growth need to be cautious of that trap. Many, many people talk about how spiritual they are but never let it get past the domain of the ego to the level of experience. Ego is a hell of a drug.

Changes. My life in the next few months could look significantly different. Don't know for sure, but my living situation could be part of that. Ah, nothing lasts. I need to be present and open so I don't get swept up in the current without a clear path in mind. Anyway, I'll keep your inquiring minds posted as things develop.

I had a fitful night of dreams, most of which I can't recall (lucky you!). I do remember one that seemed significant. I was watering my plant and kept pouring water into the glass it calls home until it flooded over the sides. I had a brief flare of panic before the plant told me (telepathically) it wasn't being harmed and quite enjoyed the overflow. I didn't think much of the dream until later, while I was practicing yoga. The biblical line, "My Cup Runneth Over" came into my thoughts. Hmmm.... Maybe I just need to water my plant.

Watched the latest episode of Mad Men last night. I effin love that show. Exquisitely rendered. Just like you.

Awwww....

No comments: