Thursday, April 26, 2012

And all other desires that distract me day and night are false and empty to the core

After several days of interviewing people, Fred and I settled on Matt, who accepted our offer yesterday to become our new housemate. A little bit about Matt: 1. He's a musician who is going to Berkeley in the fall to pursue a degree in music therapy (he wants to focus on working with children) 2. He's avidly interested in in spiritual/metaphysical pursuits 3. He seems pretty laid back. 4. He's in his twenties. We think he'll be a good fit. Although....

Don't know if I touched upon it before, but it's possible our place is going to be foreclosed upon. I won't go into how I know, but I know. Earlier at the laundromat, Fred popped in and told me he had just run into a couple of guys who were coming up the steps to the house who said they wanted to speak to Rick about the house being for sale. Great timing, with a new roommate moving in. Ah, but I jump ahead. Who knows what will happen? Even if he does sell the house or if it's foreclosed, it doesn't mean it will happen soon or that we have to leave. It'll be a wait and see kind of deal. I will, however, be keeping close tabs to see if any foreclosure proceedings come into effect.

Rae just popped in. I heard her downstairs loudly talking with her bossy friend, Jeannie. It was a quick visit; I didn't see her. Fred talked to her the other day and got out of her that she's staying with Jeannie and plans on moving to Michigan to live with her sister. He got the vibe she's been going through some stuff. I wish her well, but I'm all set with her and ready to move on. It would be an understatement to say she didn't handle moving out very well. Nobody's perfect.

Listening to Pandit Jasraj, a vocalist in the Hindustani classical tradition. I've meditated to his music a few times this week. Seemed to go well. Anyway, I love it and I don't care if you have no idea who he is. Keep your Bieber, I'll go with Jasraj.

It's kind of cold in the house. I miss March with its eighty degree days. Maybe I'll put the heat on for a bit. Maybe I won't. You'll never know either way because I won't tell you.

I'm not going to lie to you, I feel like the rug is being pulled out from under me. I've been feeling this way for a while now, but.....but I also feel like things are going to be alright. Maybe it's an inner knowing, an implicit trust in the Universe, or perhaps, as a form of self-preservation I've become so addle-minded to the reality of my situation that I'm smiling dumbly as my world crumbles. I can see either situation playing out, though I'm strongly rooting for the former. Universe, please provide for me; I'll do your chores for a month.

I guess there's nothing for it but to watch some Breaking Bad, read from the Gita, meditate, and hope for the best.

No comments: