Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Incense and peppermints, the color of time

Today, just like any other day of late, I felt the noose tightening. I use the word noose in a broad way; it encompasses every problem I have in my life, most of them financial. I practiced yoga after work to find my center. I feel better now, but I still have no idea how I'm going to make some positive changes in my life. I'll go inward and seek guidance.

Been watching Steve Coogan's Saxondale series. Very funny and layered. Will hold up with repeat viewings, I'm sure. Also I've been watching The Wire. This is my third time through the series, but because of the show's depth, it feels like the first time. It feels like the very first time. Sing it with me.

Going to try and finish reading A Maggot tonight. I've got a few chapters to go. My only regret is that I knew ahead of time the big reveal in the book. While it hasn't diminished my enjoyment that much, it would have been a jaw-dropping type of situation if I had gone in cold. There is still time to be blown away, however; I do have those few chapters to read.

A bit discouraged today. And lonely. The further I get into this life, the more alone I feel. I want that to change. Not such a tall order, it can be accomplished. And yet, I still need some convincing. C'mon life, help a brother out! I'm not so bad.

1 comment:

firefly collective said...

You're not "not so bad". You're just plain wonderful. ♥