Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In the back yard, in the living room, residential neighborhood, I've come for you

I feel lethargic. A direct result, I'm convinced, of the weather and its attendant dreariness. Or it could be a whole assortment of other factors that I'm too lethargic to contemplate. It's not yet 7:30 and I'm yawning frequently. If I make it through this post without falling asleep, I'll be in good shape.

More snow is on the way and, from the scuttlebutt I hear, the amount could be substantial. Whatever. The good thing about all the snow we've had already is the resignation that settled in. Give us what you got, gods of winter, we've seen it all.

Our house is in the process of being overtaken by mice. Judging by Zico's nose, which often has him sniffing furiously throughout the common areas in search of them, the welter of droppings scattered throughout the kitchen, the packaging of dry goods being infiltrated, and numerous eyewitness reports, it's safe to say they've taken up residence. Aside from Pooch Edward's vigilant attempts at catching the critters (He got one last week. He came prancing out of the kitchen with a tail hanging out of his closed mouth. Somehow, though, the little guy got away), nothing has been done to remedy the problem. I'll have to buy some Decon. Generally, I'm okay with mice as long as they keep to themselves and, I don't know, not shit everywhere and eat my food. Once they cross that line, it's on, son! Time for some all out murder.

I'm halfway through the DMT book and it's fascinating. I'll try to share some of the good parts. Concurrently, I'm reading Jacques Vallee's Confrontations and John Fowle's A Maggot, which I bought for a penny on Amazon.

This weekend they're showing Rashoman and Seven Samurai at the Capital. Can't miss Seven Samurai. Don't let me forget. At some point I'll watch The Kids Are Alright, the recent movie with Annette Benning , not the who biopic. I have been listening to a bunch of The Who, so maybe I will watch that, too.

The Celtics are playing tonight. I'll catch some of it if I'm not entrenched in a book or working on music. They're only playing Cleveland, who stink this year, so we'll see.

No comments: