Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And the blood from his napper I quickly did draw, and paid him stock-and-interest for Erin-go-bragh

God's vengeful wrath will be visited upon us late tonight, if the weather mavens are accurate, and come tomorrow we will buried in snow. And, consequently, I will not be going to work. So, should I stay up as late as I can with the certainty that I can sleep in, or should I play it safe and go to bed at a more reasonable time, which for me is later than most folk, just in case the storm is much ado about nuttin? My vote is for the former option. Now, how to keep myself awake late into the night...hmmm.

People are always saying to me, " Kevin, you're always unflinchingly positive about everything . What's your secret?" I tell them there is no secret, that indeed I am not always positive. As pure as my heart is, it would be unhealthy to think positively about everything. There are plenty of things I'm not a big fan of. To wit:

- Raisins. I've tried to like 'em, really I have, but unless they're in biryani, it's a no go for this lad. And keep 'em out of my cookies, or I'll slap you!

- People who whip out in front of me on the road only to drive slower than my Aunt Nellie.

- Crocs. I'm sure they're comfortable, but they're gross to look at, especially the neon colored ones.

- People who throw used condoms at me. Okay, that hasn't happened, but I'm almost 100% sure I wouldn't like it.

-Sean Hannity. Just looking at him makes me want to judo chop his face. The same goes for Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh. I'm not even talking about their politics, there's just something about them that makes you want to smack them. Ok, maybe politics do factor into the equation, but still.

Glee. I fucking hate that show. I gave it a shot but it's not for me. No, sir.

Maraschino cherries. They are really, really gross.

Horseflies. They're just plain jerks. I have not met a single one that was even half cool.

Being interrupted. Look, it happens, and I'm fine with it, but when it's chronic, well, it's nothing short of irritating.

Parents who dress their five year old daughters up like adults and put them through the pageant circuit. It's bad enough they dress them up as adults, but they dress them up like adult prostitutes.

Ok, enough with the dislikes. There are plenty more, but I don't want to overwhelm you. Plus, I've got to get started with my evening. Maybe watch the rest of The Human Condition, work on music, do some reading, listen to the Dick Gaughan cd that came in the mail today. Who knows.

No comments: