Monday, November 8, 2010

Too many people going underground

I confess to feeling less than joyous, but considering it's Monday and rainy, it's not something I'm too concerned with. Thanks to daylight savings, the majority of my run earlier was accomplished in the dark. There were sections of the bike path where I couldn't see a foot in front of me. Occasionally, I'd come across a fellow runner, but for the most part, it was just me alone out there. Kind of spooky, but also kind of cool. I may end up having to find an alternate route, though; if I continue with this one, I'm liable to get hurt.

I caught Therese staring at me several times today. I don't know what that was about, but I know this much: her gaze wasn't malevolent. Was she checking me out? I can't say for sure. At one point, I wondered if I had a booger in my nose or food on my face. I went to the rest room and checked myself in the mirror. Nothing. Just my angelic visage.

Walked over to Vernon Street on Saturday to check out the open studios. I hit Mara's room first. I was pleased to find that she was in good spirits. Her boyfriend was coming by, but I didn't stick around to meet him. Mara's studio is tiny and with people coming in and out, it's wasn't the ideal place for me to be sitting around. So I joined up with Sarah and her friend, Linda, who, in retrospect, seemed like she might have been into me. When we parted ways, I made the rounds. I ran into Stan, my asshole-pervert-nudist neighbor. We ignored each other. The guy is such a prick. If I happen to be outside with Janelle or any other female, he'll be all over them, but not even acknowledge that I'm there. What a twisted old asshole. Not a fan of Stan. At least, now that it's colder, I don't have to see him walking around naked like a six foot tall piece of beef jerky.

Scott came down the other night and I met up with him and Foley at a pub down the street. Great seeing him. Wished it wasn't a work night. They wanted to go back to Foley's and play some music into the night, but I was too tired. I hope they had fun.

It's been strange - I haven't been able to gauge whether my life as currently constituted is pretty shitty or pretty good. In some ways, I feel better than I have in a long time, but I also feel untethered and uncared for. Adrift, but with a feeling that it won't be for long. Ah, who knows. Maybe I should just stop thinking about it.

Watched Crazy Heart over the weekend. Jeff Bridges is the man! Without him, the movie would have been good, but nothing to write home about. I think he won, or at least was nominated, for an Oscar. Oh, and Maggie Gyllenhal, Colin Farrel, and Robert Duvall weren't too shabby, either. Next up: The Queen. Oh, and I'm halfway through Nosferatu. Maybe I'll finish that up tonight.

1 comment:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

"six foot tall piece of beef jerky".- ROTFL Men like that seem to always make women feel really uncomfortable.