Saturday, December 16, 2006

She's my Coney Island Baby

After exiting the grocery store yesterday, I approached my car while casually attempting to unlock its doors using the remote on my key chain. It didn't work. When I got to the car, I tried again. Still nothing. I wasn't too concerned; sometimes, for reasons beyond my understanding, the power locks act stubborn in certain areas. So, I tried unlocking the door the old fashioned way, and still nothing. Now I was concerned. Not too concernedto notice the attractive young woman walking by me, though. She was looking my way and had a tiny frown on her face. Maybe she thought my surreptitious stare wasn't very surreptitious. It was after she passed by that I noticed I was parked in a handicapped spot. Well, that explained the frown .I never park in handicapped spots and finding myself in one genuinely puzzled me. I tried the key again, feeling the weight of angry stares from people walking by, and still no luck. Finally, I figured out why I was having so much trouble: it wasn't my car I was trying to get into---same make and model, but someone else's. The whole experience was embarrassing on a number levels. The only thing that would have made it worse is if the owner of the car came out of the store and caught me trying to get into his/her car. Car thieves are a lowly sort, but car thieves who steal cars from handicapped people are the worst.
---

My friend Scott is hosting a party at his house tonight and I'm debating whether I want to go. H e lives way up in New Hampshire and it would probably be at least an hour drive for me. Normally, I wouldn't mind the drive, but I'm a poor-ass lately and my car has been acting funny. I don't know, I guess I'll figure out what to do as the day progresses. Spira and I spoke briefly a while back about throwing a party at our apartment, but we never followed through on the idea. I'll bring it up again. It would be nice not having to drive all over the place for once.
---

Yesterday, Doug posted a clip of a zombie fighting a shark and I think I've watched it at least eight times. It's utterly fascinating! The fact that it's a real shark in the fight makes the viewing experience even more worthwhile. But there's a deeper significance to the fight and I haven't figured out what it is yet, and if and when I do, I'd be hard pressed to express it in words. All I know is that when I watch the fight, some archetypal mechanism is activated within me and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I need help. That aside, just on the superficial level, a shark fighting a zombie= gold, pure gold.
---

I'm thinking of heading over to Davis Sq today and checking out what Goodwill has in the way of books. For 75 cents a book, you can't go wrong. Maybe I should forgo the trip and read from a book I already own. Ah, that sounds better.

1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

. . . she's my Coney

Island



Girl.