Sunday, December 17, 2006

The waiting is the hardest part

Bob TV has the uncanny ability of figuring out when I need to use something in the house (e.g. kitchen, bathroom). I know this because seconds before I go to use the bathroom or make dinner, he lays claim to the spot before I do. As I mentioned in a previous post, he occupied the bathroom just as I was ready to make my way there, and he did the same damn thing earlier today. He hadn't been home in a few hours --- he was doing re-shoots on a short film he's making --- and Spira was in her room doing homework; I thought I had a more than decent shot at finding the bathroom available. I was primed and ready to go --- I had just finished my morning coffee and there was no turning back. Of course, just as I was ready to make my way to the privy, Bob Tv enters the apartment with members of his film crew in tow. And sure enough, the first thing the son of a bitch does is head right for the bathroom. Again, I was at his mercy.

A few minutes ago, I decided it was time for dinner, but of course Bob TV had the same idea, moments before I did. So, I sit here now, cranky and hungry, waiting for him to finish making his meal. I suppose I could share the kitchen with him, but that would entail me having to endure a ceaseless monologue. Better to wait.

I can't even get upset with him for foiling my plans on a consistent basis, because if I did I'd have to believe that not only did he possess foreknowledge of my intentions, he also sought to prevent me from acting on them. Bob TV is not cruel like that, and as far as I know, he doesn't have the gift of foretelling.
---

I ended up not going to Scott's party in the bowels of New Hampshire last night.I contented myself with staying in and hanging out with Bob TV and Spira. A little after six, while I was in the middle of making dinner, Luke Warm called me and asked if I was going to the party. He said Kreg was a few minutes away from his house and if I wanted to go I'd have to head over his house immediately. "I thought Kreg didn't want to give you a ride because he was giving someone else one and thought it would be "awkward" with you in the car", I said. (I'm not sure why Kreg thought the experience would be awkward, but that's what he had said.) Luke Warm explained to me that Kreg had changed his mind and decided to give him a lift. If I had known about this development earlier, I probably would have tagged along. But at the time of the call, I hadn't even showered yet and, as I noted, was in the middle of making dinner. No wild Saturday night for me.
---

I think it's safe for me to make dinner. I'd tell you what I'm planning to make, but I've got to keep some things to myself.

2 comments:

Sun Wu Kung said...

Fuck, man. You should have gone. Never EVER turn down an invite if there is even a remote possibility you might have a good time.

Staying home to rest = kissing the devil's anus.

Next time there's a party in the neighborhood, you know who to call, right?

Kevin said...

If I can get clearance from the other house-mates, there will be a party at my place in the near future and you will surely get an invite.
I have minimal regrets about not going to the party, but I stand behind the decision. The whole thing became a pain in the ass and I wasn't feeling it. I haven't heard the details of what transpired yet; I'm sure that when I do my regrets may climb a degree or two higher than minimal. Ah, but hindsight is 20/20 and the night wasn't a total bust: we ate pizza and watched Fitzcarraldo.