Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We're so happy and it's how we're going to stay

I'm a little tired today. I think daylight savings has messed up my equilibrium. Or, it could be I'm tired because I went to sleep later than usual. It's ok, I have enough pep to get me through the day.

Amanda came by last night and if I've said it before, it bears repeating: she is one of the funnest, funniest people I've ever met. I don't know many, if any, people who would look up video clips of Ellen Degeneres and guests dancing on Ellen's show with me as if it were one of the most important things a person could do. I could go on about this wonderful person, but I've got to make this post a brief one.

We had some Thai food for dinner and while we ate I probed her about her harrowing encounter with meningitis. After hearing her tale, I decided I never want to get meningitis. I'd thought about trying it out before, but now.......no way!

Kreg stopped by after work to drop off a nice microwave cart for the kitchen. We're going to use it more as an all purpose counter/table. We used to have a table in the kitchen when Spira lived at the house, but she took it with her when she moved, which sucked, because there was no where to prep food or put bags of groceries on. Our kitchen had spiraled into the dark ages and I'm happy to report its emergence back into the light. Good work, Kreg.

Luke Warm is playing in Davis Sq. tonight and I'll probably stop by and check it out. He's playing an improv set with his a few of his friends. Should be interesting. I have reasons not to go, but in the end, going is a no-brainer.
--

Al, one of my drivers at work, has been using the company credit card to put gas in his car. Gio had told Karen a while back that Al had been doing this, but yesterday she had confirmation. She was notified that there was activity on the card by her credit card company and she discovered that it was used at a gas station by Al, who was being filmed on security cameras. She plans on getting the police involved. So, Al, you fucked up and you're going to lose your job and face charges. Too bad---I've always felt affection for him and I think he's a good person, just misguided. Well, he knew the risks and now he'll suffer the consequences.

--
I've been playing phone tag with Foley for so long now, I'll probably pass out in shock if I ever get a hold of him. We're going on close to a month of nearly getting each other on the horn. I'm going to see if we can break the month mark. It would be special.
--

Despite the uncertainty the situation, I can't help thinking of her. If it denotes a weakness or immaturity, I guess I really don't care all that much. . I'm not obsessing over her, though it may appear to be the contrary, but thinking of her warms my bones and sometimes that's enough.

No comments: