Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm so tired, I don't know what to do

I'm getting over my cold, but I still feel run down. It doesn't help that I'm manning the fort by myself at work. I figured it would be a slow day, but so far it's been pretty busy. A lot of walk-ins have come by looking for tables and chairs. The one truck rental I had turned out to be disastrous. The guy who rented the truck looked a bit like a dwarf from Middle Earth in a red neck's attire. First, every truck I put him in turned out to be Local's , which I couldn't rent to him because he was headed to Nashville. And then his credit card wouldn't go through. He was here twice as long as he should have been. The grand finale was when he smashed into a parked car as he was leaving. He apparently didn't feel the impact and kept going.

I walked over to the little Portuguese restaurant next door to see if the owner of the car was there, and indeed he was. The police stopped by and got all the pertinent information. John, the guy in the Penske truck, called while this was happening, so I transferred him over to the cop. He just showed up to fill out an accident report. I feel bad for the guy. He wasn't covered for the accident, so it looks like he'll have to pay out of his pocket. And the guy he hit barely speaks a lick of English. I hope they have someone translate, otherwise it will be tough going exchanging information.


I'm debating whether I should go out tonight. I'm itching to get out of the house, but I don't know how much energy I'll have. Being sick left my head foggy, but certain things became clear. Like how I need to change some things. I'm not living a balanced, joyful life. Whatever joy I get is in the form of scraps the wind blows at my feet. I've let circumstances dictate too much of my life and I need to change that. As discouraged as I am that I'm still struggling with issues I should have long ago overcome, I'm hopeful that better days are ahead of me. I have a decent foundation and, with a little bit of courage and perseverance, I could soon be on the path to my own personal greatness. Surprisingly enough, none of what I just wrote came from a self help book, though it may seem so. Nope, I'm my own life coach, bitches.

I'm ithcing to hear the Gram Parsons/Flying Burrito Brothers live album that was just released. I hear the quality is pristene and, given that there's scant live stuff of theirs that is available, this could prove to be a treasure. The cd comes with two discs that documents two shows. Both were shows they played with the Grateful Dead. I may have to go get this one.

No comments: