Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I don't want to be like those lobbying eyes

I've returned for another post. Two in one day--aren't you lucky? What's the occasion, you may be asking yourself? Does there have to be an occasion, I ask rhetorically? I guess I'm writing again because of two main reasons: I forgot to relate an excessively minor car accident I was in last night and I want to share the news that, aside from some fatigue, I'm feeling markedly better. And I noticed that at the end of my previous post, I wrote about an unresistable woman. Uh, let's change that to irresistible, shall we? Oh, and the final reason I've returned for another post is to give a shout out---my first ever!--- to my peep Janelle. I just want to tell you I've been thinking of you and look forward to getting together. I suppose I could have communicated with you in another way, say by picking up a phone, or sending off an email, but doing so in this format is better than all of that---it's monumental! I can only imagine how honored you must feel.

The car accident was ironic. For a good chunk of the day yesterday, between bouts of pretending I wasn't sick, I was on the phone with two different car insurance companies, trying to file a claim on behalf of one of my drivers, who was in an accident early last month. All I had to work with was a half-filled out police report written by Al, who is no longer with the company, and the foggy memory of Larry, the passenger in the truck at the time of the accident. The day ended with a guy from Safety Insurance coming by to take pictures of the truck in the dark.

A few minutes later, I was on the same road the accident took place and wouldn't you know it, I got into a scrape. And when I say scrape, I mean that literally, though that may be putting it a little too harshly. Without going into detail, the front right side of my car rubbed up against a van that had just snuck into my lane. I barely felt anything (that begs a "that's what she said" response, but I'm beyond such inanities) and when, further up the road away from traffic, I pulled up behind the van to inspect the damage to our vehicles, it was apparent that the worst that happened was a little scuff.

The guy, while stating over and over that he's not a vain man and didn't care if his van was scratched up, told me he wanted me to foot the bill for whatever work needed to be done. It'll be barely anything, he told me. Yeah, so why not pay for it yourself, I thought. Anyway, I'm going to find out in the coming days how we're going to proceed. Nothing like getting sick and into an accident on the same day to make a guy happy. Hell, it all could have been so much worse, so I'll stop my griping.

Soon, I'm going to do some recording with Foley. It'll be good to see him again; it's been too long. It looks like I'll be putting some vocals over some of his stuff, as well as some guitar, in addition to recording some of my own stuff. I look forward to it.

Ok, time to see if the C's can extend their winning streak to seven games. I'm telling you the absolute truth when I say this: whenever I feel uncertain about something, scared, lazy, whatever--- I think of Kevin Garnett and how he'd handle it. And, of course, when I think of KG, I can't imagine him letting any of that shit getting to him. No, sir-ee! That motherfucker is the baddest-ass , most intense, guy you're going to come across, who, and I'll stake a puppy's life on it, will never, ever accept defeat. I'm serious, watch a Celtics game, any Celtics game, and pay attention to KG, which will not be hard to do, and you'll see what I mean. They could be playing the worst team in the league, be up by eighty points, and you'll still see KG going ape shit.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I do feel honored! Nothing like seeing one's name afloat in a sea of words...it just sailed right out at me, my name, a beacon of singularity in a vast landscape of written sentences.

And...you spelled it right!

I was thinking of you as well today...looking forward to spending some time with you soon. Rest. Club that cold with a hammer of wellness!

I'll call you. Kevin.