Saturday, November 3, 2007

I'm hooked on a feeling

I got out of work late last night and questioned whether I should go running. It didn't take me long to decide that I should; I needed to expend some energy and loosen up. It was a good run, despite the fact that two fucks in a car pulled out of a driveway enough to block my path on the sidewalk. They saw me coming and thought the whole thing was really funny. I didn't share their mirth, probably because I was about a foot away from taking a header onto the hood of the car. Moments later, I played out scenes in my head of harming them in various sinister ways that involved heavy, sharp objects. Let the punishment fit the crime, I say.

I hope today is a smooth one. If presented with obstacles, I will face them, but I'd prefer a day of placidity (is that even a word? If not, it should be). I have no idea what, if anything, is going on tonight. Maybe I'll hit a club or bar with some folks.

The Celtics crushed the Wizards in the opening game of the season last night. Gilbert Arenas, aka Agent Zero, had guaranteed a victory over the Celtics in his blog. He went on to add that the Celtics were old and would tire out as the game progressed. After the pounding his team took, maybe next time he should keep his thoughts to himself.

Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a wasteland. Many of the relationships I coveted for so long have been reduced to almost nothing. I don't see this as a result of ill will or anything like that. No, it's life and people move on. I still call these people friends and don't think any less of them, but, again, people move on. It happens in soft increments and it's only in hindsight that you realize how things have changed. Even though it may seem so, I'm not bitter or depressed about it. Granted, it's not a joyous thing to think upon, but you have to keep moving with the current or you'll drown. So maybe I should alter my earlier statement that my relationships have been reduced to almost nothing, because saying so insults the quality of them. They've been altered and I'll leave it that.

The above notwithstanding, I'm lucky to have any friends at all, asshole that I am. Now, if I could just fool the ladies into thinking I'm not a prick...

My car has been acting sluggish, a behavior I'm fairly alarmed about. Considering I just put close to a grand into it for new brakes, I'm not looking forward to having to devote anymore benjis for repairs. (benjis refers to money, by the way. Short for Benjamin Franklin. Can't believe you didn't know that)

No comments: