Friday, November 16, 2007

Killing the blues

Feeling better today, though I still have a good amount of fatigue, a cough, and a stuffy nose. Beats the leaky faucet of a nose I had to deal with all of last night. I hesitate to say more, considering last time I declared myself fit, I was assaulted brutally from behind by this nefarious cold.

Watched the last couple of Curb Your Enthusiasm on On demand last night and I was enormously pleased that Larry ended up with Vivica A. Fox. I didn't see it coming, which is a monumental achievement for a comedy, but it made perfect sense. Great way to end a season. Hope there'll be another.

Maybe it's because I'm ill, but I've been feeling a little blue this past week. I'm pretty sure why---it's a combination of a few things--- but I'm sure once this cold is gone, I'll have a sunnier outlook.

May as well give another shout out. I'm thinking of making it a regular feature in this journal. Maybe devote every Friday to it. Hmm, maybe not. I'll have to think about it. Regardless of whether that happens, I'll say a hello to Michelle. I received your comment on Myspace, but I'm afraid I'll forget to reply, so I'll play it safe and reply here, while it's on my mind. Of course, there's the possibility you won't read this (perish the thought!), and if you aren't, I'll at least have my response to you documented in case you ever accuse me of not responding to your greeting.

I'm tossing around the idea of seeing Beowulf. Part of me thinks I'll find it to be disappointing, that I'll find the Playstation 3 graphics to be cheesy. Years ago, when I heard they were making this film, I was excited. I read that the sets and costumes were on par, if not better, than those on Lord of the Rings. Because I read fantasy novels, I like to watch films of the same genre; they provide visual ideas for what I'm reading. Like with the novels, there are more shitty medieval/fantasy films than there are good ones. Beowulf looked like it was going to something special. That is , until I heard it was going to be all CG. Who knows, it still could be good. Ray Winstone, John Malcovitch, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins, and Crispin Glover are certainly not sub par actors. At the very least, there should be some good acting, even if it's only their voices the actors are providing.

No comments: