Monday, November 12, 2007

Losing your mind for the sake of your heart

I've got to get a hold of myself; bring it back down to earth. I need to do this because I'm caught up in a fever, a swoon, and it's not waning.

I thought it would.


I have never, ever been in this position before (sorry for being vague, but I'm sure you can tell what's up) and despite my best efforts, I'm having a hard go at finding perspective. Maybe returning to work tomorrow will help me out in that department.
--

Today was a bleary, cold day. I don't feel like I accomplished much. I went to see my dad and help him take his A/C out of his window. We do this every year. The thing is a monster! He filled me in about my grandmother, who's having some health issues. She's almost ninety and not as spry as she used to be. I feel like I should be more involved with helping her out. She only lives a town or two over from me. She's the only grandparent I have left and I haven't been as close to her as her other grandchildren. I don't know why that is.
--

I'm off to finish watching "A Very Long Engagement", a film I've always been fond of. After that, I'll have a go at a song I've been trying to finish. As always, I'll work on lyrics begrudgingly, like a kid forced to eat his vegetables.

No comments: