Sunday, November 18, 2007

Heaven help the people who aint loving

Rich and I, two recovering cold sufferers, went to Tags today in Porter Square to get some supplies for the house. Fluorescent bulbs for the kitchen, Draino for the bathroom, a filter for the heater, and a plastic ceiling panel to replace the one I broke while taking out the old light bulbs. As we were leaving the store, I suffered a terrible dilemma: they were handing out slices of cake, but as I was carrying the panel, which required the use of both hands, I couldn't get a piece. I suppose I could have put the panel down and had some cake, but I didn't because A) the panel was flimsy and as was evidenced earlier back at the house, easily breakable. I had grabbed the last one, and if it broke, well..... and B) Rich wanted to get going and showed no interest in the cake. What stings about the whole affair is that the cake looked really good. It appeared moist and the frosting was old school, none of that whipped cream artificial sweetener shit. If only things could have been different.
--

Elliot Smith, when asked what he thought Heaven was like, said, among other things, that George Jones would be singing all the time. I've been listening to a lot of the George Jones/Tammy Wynette duets and I hope Elliot is right. The man can sing! And Tammy's no slouch either. Their voices go together so well.
--

I'm excited about a new music project that's in the works. I won't go into details yet so as not to jinx it, but I'm almost positive it's going to come to fruition. And sooner than later. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: