Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This whole town is filled with sin, it'll swallow you in

Had one of those dreams last night that should be filed under "meaningful", but I've forgotten enough of it to not be able to extract much meaning from it. Suffice it to say, it involved my parent's basement, which in my dreams doubles nicely as my subconcious/youth/whatever, and my beloved dog of years ago, Mandy. I'll stop there because sharing the emotional impact of the dream would be an exercise in futility. Just know that it was sad and I miss my girl.

I feel a little better today, but the way this illness has played out thus far, I'm not getting too excited. For all I know, I'll break into a fever in the next hour and have to be hospitalized. I am very much ready to move on.

It's a dreary day and it snowed most of the morning. I've been listening a lot to the new Sigor Ros and it's a perfect compliment to this weather. They're one of the most unnoticed bands out there, but they're one of my favorites. Between the made up language, the sonic landscapes, and the whale song vocals--oh, and the fact that they're from Iceland--people don't know what to make of them, which I kind of like because they're not made for the masses.

That music project I hinted at a blog or two ago, looks like it will happen. It started with Foley asking me if I'd lay some vocals over some of his stuff, and perhaps some guitar as well. He just bought a bunch of recording gear and he's looking to shore up his unrecorded songs. He offered to record some of my stuff as well. Basically, the idea is to collaborate. I talked to my friend Scott, one of my favorite musicians, and I brought him into the mix. This is going to be interesting. I'm thrilled.

No comments: