Sunday, November 11, 2007

I hear the cavalry of light!

Karen and I fired Al on Friday. She had gone to the gas station where he had gone to fill up his tank with her credit card and saw him caught in the act on film. As it turns out, he'd been doing draining her card for months and months. Seventy dollars a pop to fill his tank! So, when she arrived at work to confront Al, she was pretty fired up.

When he was confronted, Al tried feebly at first to declare his innocence, but when Karen told him about watching him on camera, he shut up quickly. His only response throughout the rest of the dressing down was to look down at the counter. Until, that is, Karen got in his face and said "Look at me when I'm talking to you! If you're going to steal from me, the least you can do is look me in the eye. He was only able to hold her gaze for a few seconds before his eyes retreated to the safe confines of the counter top. After telling him to leave the building and to never come back, Karen shook her head and said to him, " You didn't have to do it, Al. I gave you cash advances anytime you asked. I even let you pay your phone bill with my credit card." Al had no response and walked out solemnly. Earlier in the day, Al kept asking me if could let him leave early. I told him I'd see what I could do, knowing full well of course he'd be leaving early, never to return.
--

Thursday night, Amanda and I dug up some Air Supply videos on Youtube and then performed our own rendition of "Lost in Love". We gave it a country twang and with some more practice, we'll be performing it live in no time. We watched The Office afterward and then fooled around on my laptop. Once again, I had a great time with her and laughed myself close to the pissing my pants point on more than one occasion.
--

Luke Warm came by last night and he, Kreg, Rich, and I watched the Celtics put another victory notch in their belt, making them the only undefeated team in the NBA. And they beat a very good team in the Nets. I know it's still early in the season, but, man they look damn good.
--

Finished my morning yoga a while ago and now I'm off for a run. It's a nice day and I'm going to take advantage of it.

No comments: