Tuesday, August 5, 2014

You can choose not to decide, but still you've made a choice

A lot of running around. After work, I hustled through the grocery store and purchased some dog food and a few other essentials. I hustled because I knew Missy D needed to go out. I feel bad when I get home later than usual; she holds up her end of the bargain by being perfectly housebroken so I try to hold up mine. So I did my shopping, came home, ran up five flights of stairs with grocery bags in tow (again, the similarities between me and Rocky Balboa are made manifest), greeted Missy D at the door, put said bags down, grabbed leash and collar, and out for a walk we went.

The after work walks are our longest and often they try my patience. Why? Well, Missy D stops every two feet to sniff at something. This is fine, she's a dog and that's what many of them like to do. It's important to me that she gets the chance to fully function as a dog with senses engaged. Still, after about a half hour of this, I'm liable to get a bit grouchy, especially when all I want to do I want to do is eat dinner and sit down for a bit. Relax.

I've gotten better on these walks, which is not to suggest I don't occasionally hurry Missy D along; if I didn't, we'd be out there all night. So I try for the middle ground, compromise. Today we came back from our walk around six thirty. I made our respective dinners, sat down and ate over an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm (Larry's got a pubic hair stuck in his throat throughout the entire episode. I like how this story arc covers multiple episodes), washed some dishes, had some coffee, and here I am typing away, about to take Missy D out for another walk. Feels like we just went out and that is because we did. Hey, this is what happens when you've got a housemate that is not allowed to use the toilet for various reasons. And, you know, it's worth it because I love her so much (awwwww....).

I've had a bunch of low grade synchronicity experiences over the last several day; little dots being connected by some unseen hand. Low grade, but taken as a whole, pretty significant. Specific examples won't be forthcoming, at least for the time being, because time is of the essence (Missy D is looking at me with her pleading "Let's go out!" eyes). Just know that I'm going through this and it's kind of neat and kind of spooky.

After our walk, I'll probably watch the latest episode of The Leftovers, a program that has not let me down yet. I'll try to read from Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces, The Manson Secret: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft. This is the third in a trilogy, the whole of which took twenty five years to write. Very good writer and the connections he makes are often effin' creepy. I'll probably write more about the book, especially as it has factored in my synchronicity experiences.

Okay, she just sighed loudly. Alright, Princess Puppy Baby, alright: we'll go out. You're lucky you're so adorable.

Perhaps my next post will be more substantive. I've been meaning to relate some of the changes I've gone through and how organically they've happened. For example, besides eggs, I have barely eaten meat in the last several months. This was not planned. Maybe it's the yoga that's bringing about some of these changes. Perhaps.

Alright, lads and lasses, peace out!

No comments: