Monday, August 18, 2014

Same old song, just a drop of water in an endless sea

Salt or pepper? I'll take pepper because that's the name of the cute little boxer puppy that is now residing at our place. It took several months, but Fred finally adopted a dog. Pepper is about ten weeks old and only slightly more heavy than a loaf of bread. That will change. Evangeline has been giddy about this new development; she's wanted to live with a dog for years. It's possible she'll run off with Pepper. I'll be watching her carefully.

I just recorded a song that has been kicking around for years and has never been recorded. It's not the best performance, but at least it's documented. I added some harmonies and they sound pretty good. I think this song will be the first offering in the project I'm hoping will come to fruition. Stay tuned!

Without going into detail, mostly because I'm not exactly sure how it happened, I ended up losing about half of my recorded songs yesterday. I was able to recover all but one. Turned out well and the experience served as a reminder that I should back up the songs. So I made a few play lists and burned them on to a few discs. Close to two hundred songs preserved. Whew!

Had a good time with friends at Ray's party over the weekend. I gave him a card and wrote "wanker" inside it. No other sentiment, no signature. Nothing. That's how I roll, son. Anyway, we share a similar sense of humor, so there were no hard feelings. I think. Hmmm....it's possible he may have cried about it later on that night. I sometimes forget that words can hurt.

Oh, well.

So, yeah, it was a good time spent with good people. And even though I don't see many of them that often, it's always a pleasure when I do. We drank beers, sat around the fire pit, that sort of thing. Wish we had more time together.
--
It wasn't too much of an adjustment returning home after a five week absence. I did feel compelled to clean the bathroom and common areas pretty much immediately upon my return, though. Especially the bathroom  - holy fuck, the bathtub was caked with dirt and the toilet bowl looked like someone had spray painted rust inside it. No, sir, I could not have that. Other than that, the house was in relatively good shape.

Ah, but I'd like to move. Maybe out of the city, I don't know. Nothing against my roommates, but I'm getting older and would like to have my own place or at least live with a girlfriend or wife. And I'm not sure how many more New England winters I can take. We'll see.

Think I'm ready to attempt a morning yoga practice. I've been getting up earlier these days, so it won't be too much of a shock to my system. Seems like a good move; it will get my days off to a good start and I won't have to contend with extraneous noise; t'will be as placid as a dew covered leaf.

Oh, there's a new episode of The Leftovers for me to watch! Perhaps I'll do so tonight. Haven't watched much of anything lately, but I did watch Ozu's Late Spring last night. He made very pretty, simply told films and you owe it to yourself to watch at least one of them. I intend to explore more of his vast output as time permits.

Alright, enough of my yapping for one night.


No comments: