Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shapes of things before my eyes, just teach me to despise

Yesterday I got up at quarter past six without the aid of my alarm and practiced yoga for an hour. Good start to a day but it could be that I'm paying for it now. While I was staying at Spira's, her pillow configuration did a number on my neck and left shoulder. I was able to get past the consequent stiffness rather quickly, but it made its return last night; I don't know if the morning yoga was the cause or if it was my own pillow configuration that left me stiff and sore today. I kept waking up last night in an uncomfortable position; the pinched nerve in my neck or whatever the fuck it is, had asserted itself fairly early on.

It was not a great night, especially considering the dream I had about my dad. I can't remember much about it, save for the fact that I had parked a tractor trailer on his road and left it there over night while I slept at my apartment in Lowell (?) with my girlfriend, Yara, or a name similar to that. I went over to his house the next morning (I should establish here that in the dream it was my mother that had passed away) to move the truck and discovered it was parked in his driveway. I retrieved some of my belongings from it (homework, I think; guess I was attending college) and he came out of the house and confronted me about having to move the truck on my behalf. He was belligerent; it was clear he'd been drinking. It was not a friendly encounter. I went back to my place and hung out with Yara. It felt good having her there; we were clearly in love.

And then I woke up. No father, no girlfriend. At least my mother returned from the dead. There is that. Don't know what spawned the dream, but it probably had something to do with having visited with my mom after work yesterday. It may have been nothing, paranoia on my part, but it seemed like she was repeating herself a lot. Her mother had Alzheimer's... I really hope this is nothing. Oh, and the tractor trailer probably had to do with having one almost barrel into me on the highway yesterday because I wasn't going fast enough for him. Whatever.

So, yeah, last night wasn't a tip toe through the tulips.

Anyway

After reading about how much the occult influenced Twin Peaks, I decided to re-watch the first season and then, if things go well, watch the second season for the first time. Maybe I'll watch some tonight.

I cleaned up some of the backing vocals on the song I started recording the other day. I'll probably mix it tomorrow. Don't know if I'll post it to FB, but I might send it to a few people. It's pretty raw, but as I said in my last post, it's been with me for a while and hasn't been documented. I have a bunch of songs like that, many of which will never see the light of day. Sob.

Alright, it's probably time for me to wrap this up. Don't know about camping this weekend; I have to figure out how or if it's going down. Maybe I'll summon the nerve to ask Billy what he thinks. I'm only allowed one question every three weeks, so I'll have to phrase it thoughtfully.

Cheerio!

No comments: