Sunday, May 4, 2014

You walk down Alameda, shuffling your deck of trick cards

I woke up around ten this morning feeling on the one hand like I could use a couple of hours more sleep and on the other like I wanted to get up and practice yoga. I got up and practiced yoga. And then, because the kitchen floor was finally too dirty for my comfort level, I swept and mopped the floor, all the while thinking of cleaner pastures. After that was done, I made a light breakfast. The rest of my day was spent lounging because that's what I felt like I needed to be doing, it being Sunday after all, but there was a predominant restlessness, a feeling like I should be doing something else, something more productive.

I've been feeling like this more and more. I've got to make some changes before they make me.

Yesterday, I spent the day at my mom's doing yard work. I raked and put lime and fertilizer down on the lawn. I had the leaf blower out, too. It felt good being outdoors working up a sweat and getting my hands dirty. Later, I met up with Spira and Princess Puppy Baby at their place and we talked and watched some Alan Watts mashups.

Things can't stay the same. Work is still slow and I wonder if they'll close shop. If they don't, I still need to look for work. Being poor is played out; I'm too vulnerable in too many ways. Life can be scary, but there is power to be found in the empty spaces. That's where I need to go.

I feel like practicing yoga again. Something. I'm restless, but not sure how to channel it. I'll meditate later, maybe for an hour. I need some balance, hope.

Alright, pilgrims. That's all I've got for you.

No comments: