Tuesday, May 27, 2014

She has a house and garden, I would like to see what happens

Listening to Cate Le Bon, the Welsh songwriter, and she reminds me of Palace and Fairport Convention. Throw in some Velvet Undergound, too.She could fit seamlessly in the magnificent English folk of the 60's and 70's. Good stuff. She takes real simple riffs and expands on them. Lots of good ideas and I love her voice.   

Reading The Trials of Jeffrey MacDonald and if I had purchased it earlier in the weekend, I would have finished it already. I read for hours last night until I finally relented and went to bed. I'll go at it again tonight. Erroll Morris is a great writer, especially considering he's a filmmaker by trade. Such a gripping and thorough account of murder and how narratives are spun so deftly that fiction becomes fact.

I'm about to enter the glorious and always fruitful world of online dating; first, though, I have to finish my profile (I'm an OK Cupid member). I would have tried this before, but thoughts of women sneering at my meager income held me back. What I didn't factor into the equation was the shining brilliance of my pure heart, which makes up for any deficiencies. Anyway, the profile will take some time because I don't want to come off like a fucking lunatic. Stay tuned.

Alright, guppies. I'm done here.

Peace



No comments: