Tuesday, June 25, 2013

With a tongue like a cow, she could make you go wow

Today wasn't a bad day, but I wasn't master of my domain as far as my thoughts were concerned. Now that I think of it, though, I didn't let them spiral out of control and I did garner some insight into how my world is framed. So, things could have been worse. But they could have been better. We'll try again tomorrow. That's all you can do in this life.

Well, Doc has left for the Clippers and here comes the doldrums of rebuilding. KG could be next. Or Pierce. Or both. Probably both. It was a good run. I didn't watch a single game last season but I still kept up with the team. I wonder how much attention I'll pay in the next couple of years. A bummer, Doc leaving. One of my favorite coaches.

I'm too lazy to figure out the math right now, but I'm pretty sure I've been a non smoker for at least seven years. I like that I can't easily remember how long it's been. Cigarettes are not a part of my life anymore. I used to say that I enjoyed smoking right up to the end, but after giving it some thought, I don't think that's true. How could I enjoy being held prisoner? How could I enjoy the loose coughing in the morning, my smoky clothes, and knowing that every puff was a self-inflicted wound? What did it say about my feelings of self worth that I would poison myself about once an hour every day of my life? Enjoyable? No, not really.I'm so glad I got that satanic monkey off my back.

And now it's time to get you off my back. I'm feeling rather unproductive tonight, which I'm allowing. I've been more or less on the go for the last several days. Unproductive works tonight.

No comments: